Every essay goes through multiple processes.  It enters a thought station, an organization stage, an assembly line of words, a quality control check for accuracy, and then it arrives as the final product - the complete essay.  Although each writer has his or her unique writing process, the following gallery outlines the basic strategy I use in writing an essay.

Organize, organize, organize.  That is my main agenda before I even write.  Brainstorming and outlining are such essential processes; without those steps, I doubt I can write an essay at all.  By outlining, I try to create a frame for my thoughts.  In this way, I can plan, structure, and order my ideas into a flowing composition.

This standard writing process applies to all my written essays, however, in WR150, new concepts and skills were introduced that improved and streamlined my process.  The integration of each new skill was helpful, but sometimes very challenging as well.  In the following pages, I note some processes that I struggled with and others that assisted me in my writing.