I felt there were many great things to take from the trip to China. It is something I never had (and possibly never will have) the opportunity to take. I have been exposed to a culture which I knew so little about, and I am more than grateful for being able to go to China and experience the culture. I went to great tourists spots like Tiananmen and the Great Wall, as well as see some of the most impressive hotels I have seen yet. I also got to meet SHA students I never would have been able to meet, and became friends with many of them, and good friends with some.

However, the huge aspect of China that I feel was completely skipped over was the food and cuisine of China. I've heard from nearly every Chinese person I've met that any of the Chinese food I could have in the US is way better in China, which I can understand. It is similar to my perception of how Korean food in Korea will be better than in the US. Thankfully, during my trip to Seoul, I was able to confirm that by having some of the best Korean food there with the friends I made in Seoul. It might have been due to the lack of time, but there was no chance to go try places in China. The meals arranged by the tour guides was extremely poor, and many were hyped by them, saying it was some of the best in the city. If that was honestly the best in the city, I think there should be a food rebellion. If I ever went back to China, it would be to just eat as much good food as I could with the amount of time and money I had.

Another big problem I had (even initially) with the intinerary was the lack of time spent in Hong Kong. I personally feel there is more to do in Hong Kong than there is in Beijing. Hong Kong is also such a popular spot for international students and workers, so I feel it would have been a lot of fun to mingle with the people in Hong Kong and see their impressions about the place. I do understand that Beijing is the capital and all, but I felt spending more time in Hong Kong would have been more enjoyable.