What I really feel the trip has helped me done was to make me think of working in places other than the US. My plan has always been to work and stay in New York for a long time, but I realized that doesn't have to be the only place I can stay. I am planning on still work in New York and try my best to get to a high management position in a Michelin Three Star restaurant. After fully understanding the operations of a fine dining restaurant, I want to actually take the concept to Korea.

Korea's concept of food is 빨리 빨리! (Hurry, hurry!). This means that they do not care for careful and articulate service. They just want to eat a meal within 30 minutes and they want their food 5 minutes after they order it. The older generation especially are accustomed to this idea, and they would never want to try places that add frills to their kimchi stew. However, it might just be time to change that.

In New York, there is currently a restaurant known as Jung Sik Dang (정식당), where the chef implements Korean accents to his French food. Korean-American superstar David Chang has opened his line of Momofuku restaurants, with riffs on Korean food while utilizing French techniques. These are people who broke the mold of traditional Korean restaurants, and I think it can be taken to the next level.

Many luxury hotels have started to open in Seoul, such as the Park Hyatt, JW Marriot, and W hotel. With enough of an understanding of fine dining restaurants in New York, I want to apply that to restaurants in Korea, and hotel restaurants might be the easiest place to start that. Although I would prefer trying something with a Korean influence in the cooking, a European restaurant would work just as fine. I looked at the Park Hyatt's premier wood-oven restaurant, they really did not have many high quality items to offer. I think that if Koreans are willing to spend a lot for clothes, they should eventually start to think the same about the food. I hope that the dining scene perception changes in the near future for Korea, so that I can try to introduce the fine dining scene to them.