The Rooms

An extremely puzzling addition to the rooms in China for me was the inclusion of a large window between the bathroom and bedroom. I still am confused on what purpose this serves. I would guess that it makes the room feel more connected and larger, but I honestly think this is an awkward addition.

Other Facilities

The bar at JW Marriott. I was impressed with the look of the whole place, but I didn't really appreciate the bar island. Gilt does this in the New York Palace, and I never understood how this method can be more efficient (it would mean more customers at the bar and less real estate for the bartenders to move around without running into one another).

Final Thought

I liked JW Marriott, but there was nothing that interested me in spending $360+ at a hotel like this. I felt there are other places that have done a better job than JW in the US, and it still seems that case in China. I feel like JW Marriott is somewhere in the gray, where they are better than majority of places, but they are not distinguishable compared to the Ritz, which Marriott also owns.