Food

I don't have much about Shanghai food, since I didn't get to explore to the extent I was hoping for. Most of it was bad tour food, so nothing to really note. When we arrived at the Shanghai train station, a few of my classmates and my professor had ramen together at a chain shop in Asia. The ramen was tasty, and definitely one of the better meals I had in Shanghai. However, I have had better in New York, and I'd rather be eating Xiaolongbao instead of ramen (which I never had the opportunity to do).

Shanghai World Financial Center

The dizzying height from the Shanghai World Financial Tower. What I found very funny was the sort of color coding that some of the buildings had.

Jade Buddha Temple/Silk factory

On the way to the temple, I saw these palm trees, which felt very out of place. I'm not sure who planted them and why they are here.

Yu Garden

There is really not much to say about the Yu Garden. It is an extremely beautiful place, with great architecture, plant life, ponds, and rock formations. Easily one of my favorite places I visited Shanghai, I would recommend this place to any tourist.

Shanghai Night Life

A large group of my classmates went to karaoke together and had some fun. In many Asian countries, karaoke is a big social place for students and coworkers.