The unit will be assessed using multiple areas of assessment:

1.  Group participation - 40%

I believe participation one of the most important areas of learning.  THose students who participate are the most likely to be interacting with the material, therefore more likely to be learning and understanding it.  I do not expect every student to speak in front of the entire class, but by putting them in smaller groups of four or five, the students are given more opportunity to share with others their thoughts and ideas.

2.  Homework - 30%

Because class is so short, much of a student's learning must occur outside of the classroom.  The students homework will be collected and graded for both completeness and on some problems correctness.  Grading homework is a way to help ensure that most students will do some work outside of class.  I do not expect everyone to complete it, nor do I expect everyone to get all of the answers, but without spending time at home, the students just will not have enough time to master the material.

3.  Exam - 30%

After the interdisciplinary review game, the students will be tested on the material they have learned.  The test will be mostly free response questions based on the content they have learned, but they will also be presented with a short essay discussing how exponential growth and decay affects their everyday life.  Although there is no right or wrong answer, this question will help elicit real-world meaning from the math lesson.