Students should be able to demonstrate an understanding of Medieval society, how it reflects the values and customs of the time and how it impacts the events that occur within it.
Students should be able to
- identify the various levels of Medieval Society
- explain the role and significance of each level
- relate the roles of each class to each other, within and without the individual systems
- appraise the validity of the social structure given the political, religious and economic climate of the time
- justify the existence of economic system and the changes induced by towns and guilds
- compare and contrast the roles in the medieval time period to the modern social, religious and political structure