DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.
- Gain a greater understanding of probability distributions
- Gain an understanding of how probability and geometry are related
- Increase their ability to solve problems related to probability
Students will be able to...
- Knowledge: Calculate theoretical and experimental probabilities of uniform distributions
- Comprehension: Describe how they arrived at their answers of calculating theoretical and experimental probabilities of uniform distributions
- Application: Apply their knowledge of shapes, diagonals, bisectors, and area to calculate the theoretical probability of hitting a certain area of a target
- Synthesis: To design their own target and calculate the theoretical probability of hitting a shaded region on the target created by the student.
- Evaluation: Generalize what factors differentiate a uniform probability distribution from a non uniform probability distribution