At BU I take a primary role in the educational use of many different technologies, beyond those listed on the left. I've wound up working to add new technologies to BU's service catalog often enough that I took an ITIL Foundations course this summer to better understand how the whole process of service development works. (Here's my certificate.

The first technology I worked with is the exciting MediaKron project, developed at our sports rival but educational partner Boston College. (Out-of-towners: make sure not to confuse BC with BU! Neither rival likes it.) MediaKron is an online tool that allows faculty to link rich course content to maps and timelines. I developed my own site for cross-cultural philosophy to showcase how it works. My former colleague Kacie Cleary and I gave a joint presentation on BU's MediaKron adoption at NERCOMP's MediaKron Special Interest Group, and presented a poster on MediaKron at BC's 2013 eTeaching Day.

Because of my background in the social sciences, I've also worked on bringing software for qualitative data analysis to BU. I researched the various packages to help BU faculty and staff make a decision on what to adopt; we ultimately went with the extremely full-featured (though sometimes intimidating) NVivo. I'm now conducting NVivo trainings at BU, certified as a trainer in NVivo's official trainer directory.

Other projects I'm working on include developing trainings for and raising awareness of Turnitin - not only its flagship plagiarism-detection features but its ability to simplify repetitive grading tasks (something I wish I'd had when I was a professor!) And I'm helping faculty understand the full potential of Google Apps, especially Google Drive, for education.