The area of concentration in my PhD was South Asia. My dissertation focused on Indian Buddhist philosophy, but I found it important to situate that thought in its wider Indian intellectual context. Most of my coursework and general exams at Harvard addressed Indian thought in this broader sense. Until recently, though, non-Buddhist Indian philosophy had not been a central focus of my scholarly life and output. I taught introductions to Hindu tradition at Colorado College and Stonehill, but these addressed a wider swath of such tradition than philosophical thought per se. I had written plenty about non-Buddhist Indian philosophy on my philosophical blog Love of All Wisdom, but had not given it significantly more attention than Buddhist or Western thought.

In 2014, though, much of my scholarly attention has been focused on three major projects in non-Buddhist Indian thought. I have been blessed with a part-time appointment as Lecturer in Boston University's philosophy department, teaching BU's only course in Indian philosophy. I selected content with an eye to a key but oft-neglected dimension of Indian thought: the connection between theoretical and practical philosophy, the ethical and other applied implications of the often abstract Indian metaphysical and epistemological reasoning. Feel free to explore my syllabus, my course evaluations, and the student final papers I posted online (with students' permission, of course).

In addition, I am one of the creators of the Indian Philosophy Blog, a group blog for junior scholars of Indian thought to share their emerging reflections on it. I now cross-post my Love of All Wisdom posts there when they address Indian thought, as well as posting announcements of new developments in the area, and I comment actively on others' posts.  

Finally, I have written an entry on ethics for Oxford University Press's online bibliography on Hinduism, which has just been approved for publication. It is in copy-editing and should be out later this year.