Welcome! I am Amod Lele (ah-MODE LAY-lay). I am a senior educational technologist at Boston University, a lecturer in its philosophy department, and a visting researcher at its Center for the Study of Asia. I'm an active scholarly writer and researcher in cross-cultural philosophy and religious studies, particularly interested in philosophy online. I have degrees in urban geography, international development sociology and religious studies, and am currently pursuing one in computer science. I have taught topics ranging from Hindu-Muslim relations to SAT prep. I am an ethnically half-Indian Canadian living in the United States. And there turns out to be a lot of overlap between these various aspects of my life.

You are looking at my ePortfolio. This is a site about me, and I hope that that doesn't sound too narcissistic. It's here for three major purposes, all related:

• First, I know my life's background is unusual in many ways, and many people have expressed interest in it or curiosity about it to me. I hope this site will allow people to satisfy that curiosity.
  • Second, the portfolio is here for my long-term professional and personal development: I want to introduce myself to people who are interested to read about me online, to raise my profile a bit for potential opportunities down the road. I have no plans to look for a new job any time soon, but things change rapidly in a time of drastic technological change, especially in a career that's right in the middle of that change. 
  • Third, my largest responsibility in my job is to support ePortfolio use at BU. I've tried to develop this portfolio in part to show my colleagues what it's possible to do with an ePortfolio.

I have organized the portfolio into seven major areas of work (sorted alphabetically), which you can browse via the black section bar above: Asia, computer science, digital scholarly communication, educational technology, philosophy and religious studies, social research and teaching and pedagogy. As you can see, my interests and work have long been varied. All of these different areas have been part of my professional career and personal interests at various times and in various ways, and I have every reason to expect that they will continue to do so throughout my life.

You can find a more concise summary of my professional career to date on my LinkedIn page, my scholarly career to date on my CV, and my philosophical ideas on my blog. If you'd like to get in touch with me, please use the form below. (I avoid listing my email address where possible, in order to foil spammers.)

Creative Commons License
Amod Lele's ePortfolio is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.