I learned WordPress in 2009 because I wanted to start a blog for my scholarship in cross-cultural philosophy and I wanted to do it right. I started with the hosted software at WordPress.com but quickly realized I wanted the greater flexibility of a self-hosted site, so I rent server space from Verve Hosting where I installed the blog myself. In 2014 I used the same space to support the Indian Philosophy Blog, making my WordPress installation multisite. Over the more than four years I've worked with WordPress technology, I've been delighted with the software's admirable combination of flexibility and ease of use - as well as the fact that all of this comes in an open-source package.

Because of this background expertise, I was a natural to take on the job of helping faculty out with WordPress at BU - which is now the officially supported technology for all BU websites. I run regular introductory WordPress trainings for the BU community, and am working with colleagues to develop a structure for higher-level trainings. I use WordPress to run the blog for BU educational technology initiatives. I also use it to run a private blog for students to contribute to my Indian-philosophy class.