A major of my job at BU is helping out with ePortfolios like this one. I created a portfolio about portfolios as BU's standard ePortfolio documentation for faculty: it explains both how to create and use ePortfolios, and why they would be valuable in the first place.

You can go to BU's directory of ePortfolios to get a sense of the wide variety of ways we use them here. Among the largest and most innovative users of ePortfolios at BU is the College of General Studies (CGS), our two-year general-education core curriculum. Thanks to generous grants from FIPSE's Connect to Learning program and the Davis Educational Foundation, CGS has pioneered an innovative system that integrates ePortfolios throughout the two-year program, allowing for easy program assessment as well as giving students a chance to reflect on the interdisciplinary connections across their work. As a co-principal investigator on the Connect to Learning grant, I've helped CGS staff work out many technical and pedagogical questions, and gave a joint presentation about CGS's work at the 2013 annual meeting of the American Association of Colleges and Universities.

I've also worked with many other BU programs including the Arts & Sciences Writing Program, the School of Hospitality Administration, the Goldman School of Dental Medicine, the Office of Distance Education, the Department of Occupational Therapy and the School of Theology, to help them develop ePortfolio initiatives in their own programs. These schools and programs use ePortfolios for a variety of purposes, from program assessment through professional presentation to formative student reflection, and I've helped all of them integrate ePortfolios into their curriculum in a way that supports their teaching and learning goals. My role has involved everything from idea brainstorming through group presentations to technical support. Through the Center for Excellence and Innovation in Teaching, I've also given Teaching Tech Talks to demonstrate ePortfolios to the campus at large.

I'm an active participant in the larger ePortfolio community, including the Association for Authentic, Experiential and Evidence-Based Learning (AAEEBL). This ePortfolio is one of the featured ePortfolios for AAEEBL's Out of Practice group, which encourages ePortfolio practitioners to create their own portfolios.

I've also begun exploring digital badges as a form of alternative credentialling related to ePortfolios. I have a few badges up below, using Digication's link with Credly, and on a Mozilla Digital Backpack. No particularly exciting accomplishments, just proof of concept – but a start on something that is likely to become a bigger deal in years to come.