Hello, I'm Elizabeth Boyer, or better known as Beth to my peers.

I am a global health professional with 3 years of experience, with an additional 3 years of experience prior to that in a clinical healthcare setting. I am actively seeking new employment opportunities on the East Coast of the US.

I completed my MPH at Boston University School of Public Health (BUSPH) with a concentration in Global Health in January 2016. 

I have strong interests in areas such as access to medicines, cross-sector partnerships, and health system strengthening. I'm also passionate about improving access to NCD care in developing countries, as it currently receives little global prioritization yet is a leading cause of death and disability. 

I most recently was a Researcher for the Access to Medicine Foundation in Amsterdam. I contributed to the research team for the 2018 Access to Medicine Index. This involved engaging with stakeholders to refine the methodology, collecting data from pharmaceutical companies, analyzing the data, and presenting the findings in the report of the 2018 Access to Medicine Index. I was responsible for the Capacity Building Technical Area of the Index. The aim of this work was to stimulate and encourage pharmaceutical companies to engage in best practices to build the capacity of health and pharmaceutical systems in low and middle-income countries. For more information about the Foundation or the Index, click here.

The Access to Medicine Foundation team in the Amsterdam office, June 2018.

Prior to that, I was a Project Coordinator at University Research Co., LLC in Bethesda, MD. I provided a wide range of support to the USAID Human Resources for Health in 2030 (HRH2030) project. 

In the summer of 2015, I was in Southern Kajiado Sub-County of Kenya doing my practicum. I went with a group of BUSPH students to conduct an evaluation of the community health strategy. Specifically, I surveyed health centers and dispensaries to determine how well equipped they were to meet patients' needs, particularly antenatal care and delivery services. This triggered an interest in the issue of availability and acess to medicines in the public health facilities in Kenya. I wrote a policy analysis for my MPH Culminating Experience on this topic (avialable under "Writing Samples").