First draft (no comments):

I included this because I think it is one of the hardest drafts I have written as of yet. It is extremely reader based and not very organized. And I feel that compared to paper 1 it is not nearly as strong. Yet, when compared to the re-write or final, it shows my ability to redo a paper and choose what works and what does not work in argumentative writing. It also made me think about how I now have to organize my thoughts before I begin the process of writing.

Complete paper re-write (comments):

This artifact demonstrates how I was able to take something, that in my opinion was not up to snuff, and make it into something I do not mind handing in to the professor. I went back after my first draft and completely re-drafted the paper then had a four hour writing session just to re-write the essay. This is important because I feel it shows my ability to adapt and weed out what is good and bad when it comes to writing a paper. It also shows how stubborn I am when it comes to getting the writing process down pat.

After Action Report:

Seeing as I had a very hard time writing and coherently conveying my ideas in paper 2, I feel it is important to accept this decrease in my grade as a learning curve.  Having my own feedback on the professor’s commentary and grading allows me to self -reflect on what worked and what did not work when it came to writing. It also has changed the process in which I now approach a new assignment. And it has only lit a fire under me to do even better on the third paper because now I have two assignments that demonstrate what to do and what not to do when writing an argumentative essay.