Welcome to my E-Portfolio! 

Take a moment to see what I have been up to in my classes, and what types of projects and schoolwork I have done so far :)

Freshman Year 2016-2017

My name is Eleftheria Horiatis. I am a second generation Greek-American, the oldest of three siblings, and I have lived in Massachusetts my whole life.  While my family did move a lot when I was younger, I have been calling Lexington my home for the past ten years. Naturally, living in a historically famous town, history is my number one passion in the classroom. But outside of the classroom, my hobbies consist of ballet, photography, Greek dance, and singing. When I am not at school or doing extracurriculars, I can be found working at my local Market Basket as a cashier, or in my family’s real estate business as a secretary. I have also had the pleasure of interning at the Greek Consulate of Boston, which was an amazing experience that broadened my horizons both linguistically and culturally. I am always open to trying new things and going past my comfort zone in both my education and in my hobbies, and that is my number one reason for choosing Boston University. While I could have chosen to leave the state I was born in for college, I decided to stay because BU has a culturally diverse atmosphere that was so intriguing that I could not pass it up.

Sophmore Year 2017-2018 

Having finished up my first year at BU, I honestly love it! I will be graduating from the College of General studies this spring and moving on into the College of Communications. I have decided to declare a major in Public Relations and a minor in Art History, and am excited to take classes in each area. BU has provided me with some amazing opportunities which include, but are not limited to, study abroad, being on an E-Board, and lots of clubs and a sorority! This past summer I studied with the Classics department in Greece, taking classes at the American College of Greece. This year I have had the opportunity to be a part of the BUPH- BU Phillhellenes a Greek American Society run by the undergraduate Classics department. Through them I have developed leadership and event planning skills which I hope to apply to my upcoming internship at ThermoFisher Scientific this summer.