Welcome to my e-Portfolio page! My name is Clara Setiawan and I am a student completing my MPH degree concentrating on International Health at Boston University School of Public Health. This portfolio will be continuously updated with related graduate work during my time at Boston University as well as additional pages containing other experiences that shape me to who I am today. Bare with me, it is a work in progress! Feel free to comment and ask questions on what I have up so far - I would love to hear some feedback! 

Having had the great opportunty to live in Indonesia, Canada, and now, 

the United States, I have developed the sense of wanderlust at a young age. I always strive to travel from a perspective of a local and immerse myself in their culture. My best experiences always come from genuine interactions with locals and travelers alike. So far I have had the great opportunity to travel 32 countries spanning 5 continents so far. My most recent travel was my 2.5 month backpacking trip through South East Asia in the summer of 2011. I take every opportunity to expand my horizons by traveling. Looking at the map, blue is where I've been, red is where I've lived, and grey is essentially where I want to go! I still have a long way to go, so if you need a travel buddy - let me know!

Living in a time in which globalization is no longer a dream, the term “not in my backyard” no longer exists and it becomes everyone’s duty to help each other.  It has always been a dream of mine to tackle the challenges that affect the vulnerable and underserved populations. My time at Boston University will certainly help me develop as an effective public health professional.