Every essay goes through multiple processes.  It enters a thought station, an organization stage, an assembly line of words, a quality control check for accuracy, and then it arrives as the final product - the complete essay.  Although each writer has his or her unique writing process, the following gallery outlines the basic strategy I use in writing an essay.

After "organize, organize, organize," it is time to edit, edit, edit.  Through editing, I can catch unwanted typos, repetitive word usage, clarify my original intentions, and correct simple grammar errors.  After the first draft, the essay goes back into the same process, starting from the brainstorming and outlining stage again because new ideas must be integrated into the essay.

This standard writing process applies to all my written essays, however, in WR150, new concepts and skills were introduced that improved and streamlined my process.  The integration of each new skill was helpful, but sometimes very challenging as well.  In the following pages, I note some processes that I struggled with and others that assisted me in my writing.