I met this beauty in yellow at Mama Mary's Orphanage in Mapopane, South Africa. Mama Mary started taking in children during the peak of the apartheid in the 1970s. Illiterate herself, Mama Mary speaks five languages and provides her (100+) children the opportunity to receive an education. Her work is sustainable, effective and a labor of love. Learn more @ https://mabopanekids.org/

About me…

In May 2011, I graduated with my Master of Public Health degree from the Boston University School of Public Health and have since moved back to the sunny state of California for the job search. During my practicum in Egypt, my e-portfolio started to get clicked on a lot. So much clicking happened that my face is next to Shakespeare’s face in the…BU e-portfolio line up, which is probably why you clicked on it. It is no mistake that I (with my big font, small words and lots of photos!) am next to Sir William. I actually have no idea but suspect that it came up in security searches for words like ‘Hezbollah’. Anyway, like many students at BU this e-portfolio was a requirement for something, for me it was a travel grant. In hindsight, I’m grateful to have this collection of stories from my day-to-day experiences in Egypt. I hope you enjoy creating and sharing your work as well.