Professional Interests

I have always loved working with children. I have many interests in pediatrics, including working in children's hospitals, elementary schools, or maybe in Early Intervention. I have recently become fascinated with sensory integration. I still have a lot to learn but this area seems like something that may be perfect for me as a professional.Another area around pediatrics is my newfound interest in working with adolescents and young adults on their transitions out of high school and into adulthood.

After my second level-I fieldwork at New England Rehab Hospital, I am now considering a career in acute rehab. This is a new development that I would be interested in pursuing further.

I also would love to find a career where I can incorporate my love of traveling and learning about other cultures into my practice. I find that there is so mch to learn outside of my comfort zone and I am looking to expand on this.

Also, I am interested in assistive technology. I am eager to learn more about this area in our Assistive Technology class next semester. This is an area that requires a lot of creativity and people skills which I believe are areas I am strong in.