Physics II was the most challenging course that I have taken at BU. I had absolutely no background in electricity and magnetism going into the course. Although it was a challenging class, I truly believe that I learned more in it than any other class. We covered electric and magnetic fields, Maxwell's equations, circuits, and properties of light waves such as reflection and refraction. Learning how devices such as resistors, batteries, inductors, and capacitors was especially useful because I had heard these terms in everyday life very often and did not know what they were let alone how they worked. This class had a large amount of work to it because besides weekly problem sets, we also had online lectures, online homework, labs, and weekly quizes. 

Many of the topics that I learned in Physics II related to Physics I, such as force, potential, and energy, except that these were at the atomic level instead of the larger scale of mechanics. Also, we learned how concepts such as the equations for gravitational force and the electric force are related. The vector knowledge that I learned in Physics I was utilized often in Physics II. I found it extremely interesting to learn how electricity and magnetism work at the atomic level to form things such as light and the electricity that we use every day. The picture above shows me with my high school robotics team's 2010 robot. It is useful to now know how the many wires and electrical components that went into its construction work together to form a functioning robot. I would not have been able to understand these components without taking Physics II- knowledge which built upon my mathematical skills and concepts learned in Physics I.