Day 25 – Sunday 24th July

Today we got another lie in, but I ended up being up early because I’m sick, again. Shocker. We went to the Art Centre around lunchtime, but just as we were leaving the chef called out that he had cooked dinner for us all and was not impressed by the fact we were leaving just as he had made food. He offered to package it up for us into lunchboxes, but someone told him we didn’t want that without asking the rest of us, so no dinner for us today.

We arrived at the Art Centre, which is basically one big market and it was pretty busy. It’s almost like its own little town, you could buy pretty much any item of clothing or household item you like here (they are a big fan of decorative salad spoons for some reason).After much negotiations, I bought 2 canvas prints and then a hand woven shirt (which I expertly negotiated so that he took over 350 cedi off the original price (£70 off)). There was so many lovely hand carved masks, but unfortunately I just do not have room for any of them in my suitcase. One of the cavases I bought had a cow on it (my favourite animal) and I cannot wait to hang it in my new room next year. We made our way back to the bus and once again had to wait over an hour for everyone else to get back (in the rainy, sweaty bus. So attractive).

When we got back we were all starving after we missed dinner. But instead of giving us dinner now, and then tea later, they just gave us both meals in one sitting. Which incidentally, lacked a vegetarian option so more carbs for me.

I spent the rest of the night finishing off a presentation I have to give on Tuesday, and starting a memo on HIV and female sex workers in Ghana. As usual, we all finished off the night watching Skins.

I felt so tired so decided to get an early night, only to be woken by the feeling that I was being stabbed in my stomach, and spent the rest of the night being sick. So glamorous.