Salma Yehia

E-portfolio Reflection

E-Portfolio has been a great place to store essays, and check my progress throughout the semester. I am most proud of the progress of my essays. I have been able to go from a B to an A- (and hopefully an A on the upcoming final essay).  The material on my e-portfolio consists of a folder for my notes for each reading, my rough drafts, final essays, and the ethics assignment.  Each of my notes is in order and I have been able to look at the notes I have posted and see the amount of detail I have added as I moved along the course. My drafts show the amount of effort I have done in order to improve my essays and make them the best they can be. My e-portfolio is neatly organized and labeled so that when people go on my page, they will find what they are looking for. My work has progressed greatly especially because I have been able to take comments and use them to constantly improve my writing. By changing the clarity, wording, and taking grander risks, I have been able to take major steps forward. I took the comments from my first essays and applied them to my final essay to create, in my opinion, a great essay that I am very proud of.

My ongoing goal is to keep applying comments into my writing. I also will continue to take greater risks and write essays on things that interest me incorporated with what we are studying. I want to explore different styles of writing and go beyond my already well-established style of writing. Visually, everything is well organized. As a banner, I posted a picture of the word photography because that is one of my passions. However, in the spring semester, I will put up some of my photos in a folder as well as poetry. I hope to also post up interesting videos and images that show my interests in law and politics. By the end of the academic year, my e-portfolio will hopefully be capturing and interesting to any audience who looks at my e-portfolio.