Welcome to my page: Advice to All!

This page will be a place of reflection on what I have learned from being at BU--as well as the whole college experience. It will also be a place where I hope to help other freshman and BU students get the best they can from Boston University.  As you all know, my name is Salma Yehia and I am a rising senior at Boston University. As a freshman and sophmore, it is amazing the knowledge gained  from one year at college! And I hope that maybe I can share some of this knowledge with all of you. As a senior, I feel as though I have to absorb even more of the college life before it disappears into the horizons and I must deal with the "real world".  Here is my first advice to all of you ( later on I will try to create a specific list of things that I have learned should be done freshman year):

I would like to give some words of encouragement/advice to freshman and even sophomores at Boston University. I had made a promise to my mother before going to Boston University. I promised her I would try my hardest in college and take advantage of what BU had to offer. Now, I am giving you the same advice. Believe me it works!  Take advantage of what you are given! Communicate and talk to people! Make connections! Boston University, as with many other colleges, exists to help students figure out what they are interested in and to prepare students for " the real world". However, DON'T expect that somehow this great energy will flow into you and by the time you graduate you will be ready for life. You need to work hard, take risks, and taking advantage of what BU has to offer. I am thankful for my successful freshman year. I was the President of the World Affairs Forum, got good grades, was able to do this amazing research with Professor Lee, I will be a Dean's Host, AND I even have a job at CGS being a peer mentor! At the conclusion of my junior year, I was chosen as one of the most influential students at BU, successfully ran a campaign with fellow teammates, learned to go beyond my comfort zone, and became heavily involved in BU Student Government. I guess mother's know best. I am so thankful I listened to her advice! If it wasn't for my parents support I would not have been the strong women I am now. So, shout out to my parents!