After graduating from the College of General Studies and adventuring into the College of Arts and Science, I have learned how active one must be in order to make use of the resources in such a vast university. Now that I dont have the luxury of easily utilizing my professors in small classes nor the small writing center that was right next to my dorm. It is nerve-racking to be moving closer to graduation. I realize how much college is a safe haven from the real world. Right now, I am in limbo between the depths of reality and the sheltered world of higher education.

As I see my friends graduating, I am learning to step up my game and bring myself to the same energy I had as a freshman. I had been going through junior year as a memorized cycle of class, extracurricular activities, and sleep. The momentum and high positive attitude has faded into a numb rhythm. I need to rejuvenate myself and so, I plan to change my pattern and attitude this spring semester. I promise myself to once again take risks, talk to new people, explore parts of BU I have yet to take advantage of. I need to remember to take my own advice sometimes!

Second semester junior year was a much more fulfilling and successful semester. I got out of my negative mindset, and took a bunch of risks and took on projects I wouldn't have imagined that I would have the capacity to do! I ran a campaign with my slate that came close to winning Student Government elections for Executive Board--and through it met the most passionate, positive, and inspiring BU students ever! My passion and drive is back on track. I am continuing some student government  projects into the summer such as the creation of a grant system and developing our newly created branch of government--The BU Student Think Tank. 

I am super excited but extremely sad that this will be my last year at BU. Its scary how fast these past couple of years have been. However, it is amazing how much I've been able to develop and grow. My personal motto in the recent months has been, " live life in the present but remember to indulge in remembering those sweet cherished memories of the past, and persevere into the future with all your passion and will-power.The world needs you. " ~Superwoman/Salma Yehia