The Freshman Fifteen:
1. Find out what success means to you! Corny but true. Does it mean that you have to be head of every club? Does it mean that you've gained some knowledge? Or, getting your dream job?
2. Think about what you want to gain from being in college. To meet new people? To get a Job?
3. Don't buy your books before school starts!! Half the time you don't use the books teachers recommend. Ask the professors before hand what books you will use the most.
4. Reach out to professors. They are here to help you. You just have to take that extra step!
5. Get involved in clubs and extracurricular activities! You should focus on studies BUT you will find people ( especially juniors and seniors) who are willing to help you and clubs can be fun and stress-free.
6.EAT HEALTHY!! The freshman fifteen will get to you. Believe me, I have learned my lesson!
7. Make Connections. Talk to professors, faculty, and students!
8. Ask Questions. Don't be afraid of clarifying things as well as explore the unknown!
9. Research all that BU has to offer. Maybe you will find that you will want to go on a certain study abroad program, that there is a scholarship out there perfect for you, or that you want to get your bachelorette and masters in only 7 years through BU.
10. Think positive. Make the best out of a situation. As with anything college can get frustrating from classes, grades, certain social situations. So think about all the things that you still have and be thankful for them!
11. BU has so many events across campus. You should make a goal to go to at least two different types of events each month!
12. Take each day one step at a time. dont get too ahead of yourself!
13. Keep track of time...dont leave things until the last minute, it will do you no good.
14. When choosing classes, try to take different sorts of courses the first two years in order to find your perfect major or minor.
15.Lastly, SMILE. it's important!