Course Goals & Syllabus
Although they vary in topic, all sections of WR 100 and WR 150 have certain goals in common. In WR 100, you will develop your abilities to:
- craft substantive, motivated, balanced academic arguments
- write clear, correct, coherent prose
- read with understanding and engagement
- plan, draft, and revise efficiently and effectively
- evaluate and improve your own reading and writing processes
- respond productively to the writing of others
- express yourself verbally and converse thoughtfully about complex ideas.
In WR 150, you will continue developing these abilities while also learning to conduct college-level research.
Syllabus is preliminary and subject to change.