Welcome to my Writing 150 Portfolio.  This portfolio will show how my writing has progressed throughout the semester while incorporating research.  It will also show how I learned to approach a topic of great interest to me, sports, in a different manner.  As an aspiring sports journalist and writer for WTBU Sports Radio, I tend to approach writing in a journalistic manner.  However, this class taught me how to write in a different style, while still allowing me to focus on my topic of interest.  I wrote pieces about sports in a historical context using research as background rather than in a newsworthy journalistic style.

In WR 100, I learned how to formulate an argument when given a specific question and specific sources to use.  However, at the beginning of this semester, I was still clueless on how to formulate my own claim out of nothing and how to find sources that would enhance my argument.  In this portfolio, I will focus on how I improved at researching and incorporating this research into my work and what allowed me to make these improvements.