– All texts may be found at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore in Kenmore Square unless otherwise indicated.
– Course packet (See tabs to the left)
– Craft of Research (U. Chicago)
– Prospero’s Daughter by Elizabeth Nuñez (Ballantine)
– Macbeth by William Shakespeare (Bedford/St. Martin’s*)
– Macbeth by William Shakespeare (Classical Comics*)
– The Tempest by William Shakespeare (Arden)
* this edition required
Always bring texts for the day to class.
Course Packet includes excerpts from Faith and Treason by Antonia Fraser and articles on genetics, eugenics, utopia, and evolution. Additional materials will also be available online.
Films: Scotland PA (2001), directed by Billy Morrissette and V for Vendetta (2005), directed by the Wachowski Brothers. There will be screenings scheduled, but attendance is not mandatory. If students do not attend screenings, they are welcome to rent or purchase films on their own, or students may view the films at the Geddes Language Lab on the 5th floor of CAS.
The Digication site for this course will have links and downloads pertinent to the class. Assignments sheets, handouts, and readings will all be available online for students to download and print. The Course Packet for this course is only available online. Students may use the computer labs at Mugar Library to download and print the readings.
Below, find additional non-required readings that might be useful to you as resources for your projects.
Butler - excerpts from Gender Trouble (modern gender theory)