For this class, you will be constructing a portfolio on the process of researching your topic, which will include discarded ideas, drafts, notes, etc. This is called a Learning Portfolio.

The Learning Portfolio

This type of portfolio is all about process and discovery. In this portfolio, I want to see you evolve and learn as it goes on. I want to see your drafts and your corrections, and your reflections should talk about what you've learned, what you've improved, and what you still need to do. Though you may include drafts, you will also need to include what you have done to improve upon them. This type will catalog the progression of your research from the basic Summaries and Journals all the way to the production of your Final Research Project.

In addition, I will want to see the end results of your work: what you have learned about your topic, how multiple topics relate to one another, etc. I will want to see multiple steps, both final versions and drafts. I want to see what you can do with your information, as well as how you arrived at it. Your Portfolio is likely to be broader and "bigger" than your Project - containing information that didn't make it into your Research Project paper.